The Town of Lebanon (Maine) is accepting applications to fill an immediate vacancy in the position of FIRE CHIEF. The Lebanon Fire/EMS Department servs a community of 6,300-year-round residents. Supporting a call volume of over 700 calls per year and an operating budget of just over $500,000.00. A 30-member combination fire department with a full-time fire chief, 30-member call force and daytime staffing with 2 FF/EMTs on a per diem basis. Providing fire and EMS out of two stations (one staffed) with 2 Engines, 2 Tankers, 2 Ambulances, 1 Forestry, 1 Utility, and a UTV and a boat.
Required minimum qualifications:
- 10-years fire/EMS experience with 3 to 5 years of progressive supervisory/leadership experience in public safety.
- Firefighter II Certification (Pro Board desired).
- Basic or higher EMT License.
- Valid Driver’s license and Emergency Vehicle Operator qualification.
- High school graduate (or equivalent).
- Must pass a medical examination to include clearance for respirator use.
Desired qualifications in addition to the minimums are:
- Two-year degree in fire science, paramedicine, management, public administration, or another related field -or- practical experience equivalent to a two-year degree.
- Prior experience as a Chief Fire Officer.
- Fire Officer III Pro Board certification.
- Maine Chief Fire Officer certification or acceptable equivalent required within first year of hire.
Pay & Benefits:
- Salary: $48,000 – $58,000, based on qualifications.
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance. Employee paid at 100%, dependents at 50%.
- Maine State Retirement. 10% employer match.
- Two weeks’ vacation after one-year, sick leave accrual at 2.31 hours/week, 12 paid holidays.
- Vehicle provided for official use.
- Income Protection/Short-term disability coverage available.
- Desirable for the fire chief to reside within a 30-45-minute drive from 15 Upper Guinea Road, Lebanon, ME.
Interested individuals should submit a letter of introduction and a professional resume that includes professional references to:
Human Resources Director
ATN: Fire Chief Search
15 Upper Guinea Road
Lebanon, ME 04027
Application packets may be e-mailed to [email protected]
Please type “Fire Chief Search” in subject line.
Selected candidates will be asked to participate in an interview process, submit to criminal background, credit/financial, and professional reference checks prior to hire.
Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.